2. Details of the data controller
2.1 Site manager
This site is managed by the Social Economy Department of the Walloon Public Service Economy, Employment, Research. Any questions or suggestions concerning the site may be sent to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of the organisation of the European Social Economy Meeting event to be held in Liège on 12 and 13 February 2024, the following subcontractors have been appointed:
2.2.a. Site development
- Hungry Minds
- Route de Louvain-la-Neuve, 4 bte 19, 5001 Namur (Belgrade)
2.2.b. Registration manager
- Rue de la loi 42, 1000 Brussels
3. What data do we collect, for what purpose and on what legal basis?
We collect the data you send us via the pre-registration form on this site and via cookies placed by us or, more generally, by third-party services.
3.1 "Contact" form
The purpose of this form is to enable us to respond to the request for which you filled in the form, in particular in response to your message written in the ad hoc field. Data is only stored and processed for the purposes of the contact established.
3.2 Legal basis
The legal basis for this processing is your consent.
4. How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected (i.e. organising the European Meeting on the Social Economy) and in compliance with current legislation.
5. To whom may your data be transferred?
The above-mentioned processors comply with data protection legislation and provide sufficient guarantees that appropriate technical and organisational measures have been implemented so that processing meets the requirements of applicable data protection legislation and guarantees the protection of your rights.
We do not sell or otherwise disclose the data we collect about you to third parties.
In certain circumstances, our website and applications will provide you with plugins from different social networks. If you choose to interact with a social network site, your activity on our site or via our applications will also be accessible on that social network. Please read the privacy policies of these social networks for detailed information on the collection and transfer of personal information, your rights and how you can obtain a satisfactory privacy setting.
6. What are your rights?
- Right of access: you have the right to consult your data at any time and free of charge.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to demand that incorrect data be corrected and that inappropriate or no longer necessary data be deleted. We would draw your attention to the fact that you are obliged at all times to check the accuracy of the data you provide us with.
- Right to erasure: if you no longer wish your data to be processed and you are eligible for the right to erasure, we will delete your data from our database.
- Right to portability: insofar as is necessary, you will also have the right to port your data under the conditions laid down by the applicable data protection legislation.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to any use of your data for canvassing purposes.
- Right to restrict processing: lastly, you have the right to have the processing of your data restricted, in accordance with the applicable data protection legislation, provided that you expressly request this.
7. How do you assert your rights?
Send an email to email@example.com
8. Links to other websites and services
Our site may contain links to third-party sites (including social networks).
We have no control over how third-party sites and services treat your personal information. We do not verify third-party sites and services, and we are not responsible for these third-party sites and services or their privacy practices. Please read the privacy statements of any third-party site or service you access from our site.
We apply appropriate technical and organisational security rules to prevent the destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorised access, accidental disclosure to third parties and any other unauthorised processing of data.
10. Limitation of liability clause
The liability of the administrator or its subcontractors mentioned above shall be limited to direct damage, to the exclusion of any indirect damage. They may never be held liable for damages deemed indirect such as, but not limited to, loss of data, financial or commercial loss, loss of profits, increase in overheads, disruption of planning.
Furthermore, they cannot be held liable for any damage resulting from illegitimate manipulation of data by third parties (data theft, viruses, phishing or other computer crimes).
We would also like to point out that links to the Website may contain hypertext links and other references to other sites which we do not manage or control and to which these provisions do not apply. We are not responsible for the content of these websites or the offers, products and services they provide. We therefore recommend that you carefully read the privacy protection rules of each site you visit, which may differ from these rules.
11. What happens in the event of a dispute?
If you feel that we are failing to fulfil any of our legal and/or contractual obligations, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will do our utmost to provide you with a follow-up as soon as possible.
Any claims, complaints or grievances can be addressed by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The Belgian supervisory authority is
DATA PROTECTION AUTHORITY
Rue de la Presse 35
12. Applicable law and jurisdiction
These provisions will be governed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with Belgian law, which is the only applicable law in the event of a dispute.
Any dispute that cannot be settled amicably within a period not exceeding one month from the date of its occurrence, which period may be extended by mutual agreement, may be brought by the most diligent party before the French-speaking Courts and Tribunals of the judicial district of Namur, which shall have sole jurisdiction.
13. Effective date
This policy was created and came into force on 11.12.2023. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this policy at any time.
If you have any question, please send your message to: firstname.lastname@example.org